TERMS OF SERVICE
Last Updated: May 27th, 2022
Vezgo provides software that enables the aggregation of financial account information and data from underlying data sources (as modified, the “Vezgo Software”) that enables users (the “End Users”) to aggregate their End User Data (as defined below) from the data sources where your financial account information and data are stored (as modified from time to time, the “Services”).
Please read these Terms of Service carefully before using the Service. Your access to and use of the Services is based on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. By accessing or using the Services you agree to be bound by these Terms and accept all legal consequences. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, in whole or in part, please do not use the Services.
The website at https://vezgo.com (the “Websites”), and the various other related services, and other features, functions, software, applications and websites are provided and operated, and are being made available to you by Vezgo Inc. (“Vezgo”, “we”, “our” or “us”).
“End User Data” means an End User’s financial account information and data, including (a) account name, account type and public wallet or deposit addresses, (b) information related to account balances account transactions, in both amounts and in other currency equivalents (e.g. US Dollars), (c) information about account transactions, including amount, date, time, type, location, price, cost basis, fees, quantity, sender and recipient and (d) information about such End User as the account owner, such as publicly provided name.
TIME, “TERMS”) GOVERN YOUR ACCESS AND USE OF THE VEZGO
SERVICES. BY CLICKING “I AGREE”, DOWNLOADING, USING,
OR ACCESSING ANY OF THE VEZGO SERVICES OR OTHERWISE SIGNIFYING
YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS, YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT (A)
YOU ARE AUTHORIZED TO ENTER THESE TERMS FOR AND ON BEHALF OF
YOURSELF (AND YOUR ORGANIZATION), AND ARE DOING SO, (B) YOU (AND
YOUR ORGANIZATION) CAN LEGALLY ENTER INTO THESE TERMS AND (C) YOU
HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOU (AND YOUR
ORGANIZATION) AND EACH USER SHALL BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND
ADDITIONS PROVIDED FOR.
If you do not have the legal authority to bind your organization,
please do not access or use the Services. From time to time, These
Terms shall also apply to any upgrades or updates subsequently
provided by Vezgo for the Services. If you do not accept and agree
authorized to access or otherwise use the Services.Please note that these Terms do not apply to the use of the Vezgo Software or the Services by the End Users of our customers. That use is covered by our End User Terms of Service and other terms.
These Terms contain an Arbitration provision which will, with limited exception, require you to submit disputes you have against Vezgo to binding and final arbitration. You will only be permitted to pursue claims against Vezgo on an individual basis, not as a plaintiff or class member in any class or representative action or proceeding; and you will only be permitted to seek relief (including monetary, injunctive, and declaratory relief) on an individual basis.
- To access and use the Vezgo Services, you must be at least 18 years of age. BY CLICKING THE “I AGREE” BUTTON, BY DOWNLOADING, INSTALLING OR OTHERWISE ACCESSING OR USING THE VEZGO SERVICES, YOU REPRESENT THAT:
- YOU HAVE NOT BEEN PREVIOUSLY SUSPENDED OR REMOVED FROM ANY OF THE VEZGO SERVICES;
- YOU CONFIRM THAT YOU ARE OF LEGAL AGE TO FORM A BINDING CONTRACT WITH Vezgo;
- YOU WILL COMPLY WITH THESE TERMS AND ALL APPLICABLE LOCAL, STATE, NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL LAWS, RULES AND REGULATIONS; AND
- YOU ARE NOT A COMPETITOR OF VEZGO AND DO NOT INTEND TO USE THE VEZGO SERVICES FOR REASONS THAT ARE IN COMPETITION WITH VEZGO FOR ANY REASON.
These Terms may be changed, modified, supplemented or updated by
Vezgo from time to time. If Vezgo updates these Terms, it will
update the “last updated” date at the top of these
Terms. Please check these Terms periodically for changes. Your
continued use of any of the Vezgo Services after the posting of
changes constitutes your binding acceptance of such changes. If
Vezgo makes a material change to these Terms that will affect any
of the Vezgo Services, Vezgo will use commercially reasonable
efforts to notify you by posting a notice on your account
administration page. IF AT ANY TIME YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, PLEASE
IMMEDIATELY TERMINATE YOUR USE OF THE Vezgo SERVICES.
To the extent that any modifications to the Terms are not allowed under applicable laws, the prior most recent version of the Terms shall continue to apply.
- Vezgo Services.
- Accessing and Using the Vezgo Services.
- To access and use certain of the Vezgo Services, you must either register and create an account or provide an App Name and your customer data (the “Customer Account”).
- In providing your App Name and customer data you are deemed to be creating an account. By creating an account, you agree to (i) provide true, accurate, current, and complete information about yourself as prompted during the registration and account creation process (“Registration Data”), and (ii) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data, including credit card information, to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. You are responsible for all activities that occur under your account. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current, or incomplete, or Vezgo has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, Vezgo has the right to suspend or terminate your account and prohibit you from accessing and using the Vezgo Services. You agree not to create an account using a false identity or information, or on behalf of someone other than yourself. You agree that you shall not have more than one account. You agree not to create an account or to access and use the Vezgo Services if you have been previously removed by Vezgo or if you have been previously banned from accessing and using any of the Vezgo Services.
- Limited Right to Access and Use. Subject to these Terms, Vezgo grants to you, and you accept, a limited, non-assignable, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, and nonexclusive right to access and use the Vezgo Services to build a Vezgo Enabled Application to provide the Vezgo Software and Services to the End Users in accordance with these Terms. You may terminate your use of the Vezgo Services at any time.
- Security Breach. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any username, password or other access credentials necessary to access the Vezgo Services. You should take steps to protect the confidentiality of your access credentials. Please notify Vezgo immediately if you become aware of any unauthorized activity, disclosures, loss, theft or other unauthorized use of your access credentials or any other breach of security (collectively, a “Security Breach”). You agree to cooperate with Vezgo in any investigation in connection with a Security Breach.
- Starting Out. After you sign up and create a Customer Account, we will provide access to a Development Vezgo account (the “Sandbox”). In the Sandbox, you will have access to the full production version of the Vezgo Software. The Sandbox connections are real. The purpose of the Sandbox is to enable you and your potential Vezgo Enabled Application to test the functionality of the Vezgo Software and Services before connecting to the live application. You acknowledge that (i) the Sandbox functionality and data may differ from the Services (as defined below) and (ii) the Sandbox is for testing, non-commercial purposes only and Vezgo does not guarantee the accuracy or functionality of the Sandbox. You accept the Sandbox on an “as is” basis without warranties of any kind.
- Subscriptions and Live Connections. After you sign up and create a Customer Account, you will be automatically put into the Sandbox subscription plan. When you are ready to start using the Vezgo Software in production with real End User Data through the Vezgo Software and the Services (the “Live Connections”), we will provide access to a production environment (the “Production”) to enable Live Connections for your Customer Account. The number of Live Connections that you will be able to access will depend on the subscription plan that you select (as modified from time to time, the “Subscriptions”). The different Subscriptions also provide different services and features, including different levels of support. The current standard Subscriptions and fees can be found at https://vezgo.com/pricing (as modified from time to time, the “Fees”).
- Custom Relationship. As you start having a number of Live Connections, or you need more custom services, you will be required to enter into Vezgo’s subscription agreement. If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Use Restrictions. Customer shall not, and agrees not to assist or otherwise enable any third party to:
- copy, modify, adapt, translate, create derivative works or improvements or merge copies of any of the Vezgo Services, including the documentation
- translate, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any of the Vezgo Services, except to the extent that applicable law explicitly prohibits this contractual restriction
- access or use, or permit the access or use of, any of the Vezgo Services, or access, transmit, process, or store End User Data, in violation of any international, federal, state or local laws, statutes, rules, regulations or ordinances or in any manner that would be a breach of contract or agreement with the applicable End-User
- defeat, circumvent or disable any copy protection mechanism or mechanism in any of the Vezgo Services used to limit use duration or access to excluded functionality or capacity
- not embed any open source, copyleft or community source code in any Vezgo Enabled Application or the information technology infrastructure through which you provide your services and products to End Users (collectively, the “Customer Systems”), including, but not limited to, any libraries or code licensed under any General Public License, Lesser General Public License or similar license arrangement in any manner that would require disclosure or license of the Vezgo Software in source code form, or for the purpose of making derivative works, or otherwise limit or restrict the consideration to be charged for the distribution of such software
- interfere with or disrupt the integrity or performance of any of the Vezgo Services or any data contained therein
- install, use, access, display and run any of the Vezgo Services except in accordance with the terms of this Agreement and the applicable Order
- except as specifically permitted under these Terms or to the extent that you have received the specific consent of each relevant End User, rent, lease, lend, sell, sublicense, assign, distribute, publish, transfer or otherwise make available any of the Vezgo Services or End User Data to any third party, other than End Users as permitted under these Terms, including for purposes of marketing or in connection with the internet or any time-sharing, service bureau, software as a service, cloud or other technology or service
- except as specifically provided under these Terms, delete or in any manner alter the copyright, trademark, and other proprietary rights notices of Vezgo appearing on any of the Vezgo Services or any other Vezgo software or products
- access or use any of the Vezgo Services or End User Data in any manner or for any purpose that infringes, misappropriates or otherwise violates any intellectual property rights or other rights of any third party, or that violates any applicable law
- use any of the Vezgo Services or the End User Data for purposes of (i) benchmarking or competitive analysis of the Vezgo Services; (ii) developing, using or providing a competing Vezgo Software or service; or (iii) any other purpose that is to Vezgo’s detriment or commercial disadvantage
- use any of the Vezgo Services or the End User Data in any manner or for any purpose or application not expressly permitted by these Terms
- collect and store an End User’s credentials and/or End User Data other than as required to access or use the Vezgo Software or the Services, as authorized by the End User, as permitted by Vezgo, and as permitted under applicable law
- Customer agrees to obtain and maintain End User’s consent to access End User Data prior to and for the duration of the use of the Service.
- overload, flood, or spam any part of the Vezgo Services
- create a Customer Account for any of the Vezgo Services by any means other than our publicly supported interfaces (e.g., creating developer accounts in an automated fashion or otherwise in bulk)
- access or use any of the Vezgo Services or End User Data in a manner that violates any agreement between you and the End User or Vezgo.
- Payments and Refunds.
- Payments. Unless otherwise agreed by Vezgo or detailed in an Order, all Fees shall be paid in accordance with the Subscription that you selected by credit or debit card. You authorize Vezgo (i) to keep your credit or debit card number on file for future Fees and (ii) to charge your credit or debit card for any such Fees.
- Future Services. In paying any of the Fees, you acknowledge and agree that you are not relying on the future availability of any of the Vezgo Services.
- Changes in Fees and Payment Methods. Vezgo reserves the right at any time to change the Fees (including to begin charging for services that it is currently providing free of charge) and billing methods, either immediately upon posting on any of the Vezgo Services or by notifying you by email.
- Refunds. ALL FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE, NON-CANCELLABLE AND NON-CREDITABLE UNLESS OTHERWISE REQUIRED BY LAW OR AGREED TO BY VEZGO IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION.
- Vezgo Enabled Applications.
If you provide access to the Vezgo Software and the Services through a Vezgo Enabled Application, you shall comply with the following terms:
- Customer Control and Responsibility. Customer has and will retain sole responsibility for: (i) all End User Data, including its use; (ii) the operation, maintenance and management of the Vezgo Enabled Applications and or the Customer Systems and (iii) all access to and use of the Vezgo Software and the Services, directly or indirectly by or through the Vezgo Enabled Application or the Customer Systems.
- Right to Access and Use. Subject to and conditioned on Customer’s and its authorized users’ compliance with the terms and conditions of these Terms, Vezgo grants to Customer and its authorized users a limited, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, non-transferable right to access and use the Vezgo Software and the Services during the term as a component of a Vezgo Enabled Application or the Customer Systems to provide the Vezgo Software and the Services to End Users.
- Compliance with Laws. Customer shall comply with all applicable international, federal, state and local laws related to the Vezgo Software and the Services and the End User Data, including all privacy and financial laws.
- Applications and Customer Systems. Customer acknowledges that Customer is solely responsible and that Vezgo has no responsibility or liability of any kind, for the content, development, operation, support or maintenance of any Vezgo Enabled Application or the Customer Systems. Without limiting the foregoing, Customer will be solely responsible for creating and displaying information and content on, through or within its Vezgo Enabled Application and/or the Customer Systems.
- Data Breaches. Customer shall notify Vezgo immediately in writing in the event that Customer becomes aware of any material breach of its security safeguards or has reason to believe that any End User Data may have been subject to unauthorized disclosure, access, or use, which notification shall include the following information: (i) the nature of the unauthorized disclosure or use; (ii) confidential information that was disclosed or used; (iii) the identity of the persons or entities who received the unauthorized disclosure or made the unauthorized use; (iv) what corrective action Customer took or will take to prevent further unauthorized disclosures or uses; (v) what Customer did or will do to mitigate any adverse effect of such unauthorized disclosure or use; and (vi) such other information as Vezgo may reasonably request.
- End-User Data. You must follow best industry practices with respect to the access and use of End User Data including:
- maintaining administrative, technical, and physical safeguards that are designed to ensure the security, privacy, and confidentiality of End User Data
- using best industry practice encryption when storing or transmitting any End User Data
- maintaining reasonable access controls to ensure that only authorized individuals that have a business need have access to any End User Data
- monitoring the Customer Systems for any unauthorized access and patching vulnerabilities in a timely fashion.
- planning for and responding to security incidents.
- storing all End User Data securely and in accordance with all applicable laws.
- taking all reasonable and appropriate steps (at your expense) to protect all End User Data in the event of a failure of Customer’s security safeguards or unauthorized access to any End User Data from or through Customer, including the provision of the appropriate or legally required notices to affected persons and government or regulatory agencies (as applicable).
- Service Termination and Suspension.
- Termination. You agree that Vezgo in its sole discretion, for any or no reason, and without penalty, may terminate your access and use of the Vezgo Services or your Customer Account (or any part thereof) that you may have with Vezgo and remove and discard all or any part of your account, user profile, at any time. Vezgo may also in its sole discretion and at any time prohibit you from accessing and using the Vezgo Services or discontinue providing access to the Vezgo Services, or any part thereof, with or without notice. You agree that any termination of your ability to access or use the Vezgo Services or any account you may have or portion thereof may be effected without prior notice, and you agree that Vezgo will not be liable to you or any third party for any such termination. Vezgo reserves the right to fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing Vezgo to disclose the identity of anyone posting any email messages, or publishing or otherwise making available any materials that are believed to violate these Terms. Any suspected fraudulent, abusive or illegal activity may be referred to appropriate law enforcement authorities. These remedies are in addition to any other remedies that Vezgo may have at law or in equity. As provided herein, Vezgo does not permit copyright infringing activities on the Vezgo Services, and Vezgo shall be permitted to terminate access to the Vezgo Services. BY ACCEPTING THESE TERMS, YOU WAIVE AND SHALL HOLD VEZGO HARMLESS FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY VEZGO DURING OR AS A RESULT OF ITS INVESTIGATIONS AND/OR FROM ANY ACTIONS TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER Vezgo OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
- Suspension. Vezgo reserves the right to suspend your access and use of the Vezgo Services as it may deem appropriate in response to actual or suspected violations of these Terms if Vezgo reasonably concludes that any of the Vezgo Services are being used to engage in illegal activity, used outside the scope of the license or causing immediate, material and ongoing harm to Vezgo or others. You agree that Vezgo shall not be liable to you nor to any third party for any suspension of the Service under such circumstances as described in this Section 8(b).
- Survival. Upon termination of these Terms, your use of the Vezgo Services, the Vezgo Software, the Website or any of the other Vezgo Services or your relationship with Vezgo, any provision which, by its nature or express terms should survive, will survive such termination, including, but not limited to, Sections 1, 6, 7, 9, 11 – 13, 15, 16, 18 -23 and this Section 8(c).
Vezgo (or its licensors) retains all rights, titles, and interests
in the Vezgo Services, including the Vezgo Software and the
Services, including any and all intellectual property rights.
Vezgo (or its licensors) reserves all rights not expressly
granted. The Vezgo Services are protected by Canadian copyright
and trademark laws, international conventions, and all other
relevant intellectual property and proprietary rights, and
applicable laws. Unless expressly authorized in a separate written
agreement between you and Vezgo, the grant to access and use any
of the Vezgo Services, whether accessed for a fee or free, does
not include any right to resell the Vezgo Services, manage the
Vezgo Services on behalf of third parties, make other commercial
use or distribution of the Vezgo Services or to make any
derivative use of the Vezgo Services, integrate the Vezgo Services
into another service, reproduce, duplicate, copy, or otherwise
exploit for any commercial purpose the Vezgo Services.
You hereby grant to Vezgo a non-exclusive, worldwide, fully paid-up, royalty-fee, non-terminable, perpetual, irrevocable right and license to use, disclose, modify, reproduce, license, distribute, commercialize and otherwise freely exploit any feedback, comments, or suggestions that you provide with respect to any of the Vezgo Services and all related intellectual property, without the restriction of any kind and without any right of accounting.
- Prohibited Use. You will not: (i) use the Vezgo Services for any unlawful, unauthorized, fraudulent or malicious purpose, (ii) modify, adapt, sublicense, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the Vezgo Services (except to the limited extent applicable laws specifically prohibit such restriction); (iii) bypass any measures Vezgo may use to prevent or restrict access to the Vezgo Services or otherwise interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the Vezgo Services; (iv) use your account, the Vezgo Services to infringe any intellectual property or other right of any other third party, (v) use bots or other automated methods to: access the Vezgo Services, download any information, send or redirect messages or perform any other activities through the Vezgo Services, (vi) upload invalid data, viruses, worms or other software agents through any of the Vezgo Services , (vii) use the Vezgo Services for any unlawful or inappropriate activities, such as gambling, obscenity, pornography, violence, transmission of deceptive messages, or harassment, (vii) use the Vezgo Services for any commercial solicitation purposes or (viii) use any of the Vezgo Services in breach of these Terms.
- Warranty Disclaimer. Content and other information contained within the Vezgo Services have been prepared or are being provided by Vezgo as a convenience to its End Users and is not intended to constitute advice or recommendations upon which a user may rely. Vezgo makes no warranty or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of any such content or other information, including any content, contained in any of the Vezgo Services. YOUR USE OF THE VEZGO SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. ALL VEZGO SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, AND Vezgo EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND SATISFACTORY QUALITY AND WARRANTIES ARISING FROM A COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE OR TRADE PRACTICE. Vezgo, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OR SUPPLIERS MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT THE Vezgo SERVICES ARE ACCURATE, TIMELY, UNINTERRUPTED, VIRUS-FREE OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT ANY PROBLEMS ENCOUNTERED WILL BE CORRECTED.
- Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL VEZGO, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, LICENSORS OR SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE UNDER CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, NEGLIGENCE OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY WITH RESPECT TO THE Vezgo SERVICES OR THE PROVISION OF THE VEZGO SOFTWARE AND SERVICES TO END USERS THROUGH A Vezgo ENABLED APPLICATION (I) FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES (HOWEVER ARISING), OR (II) FOR ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE (REGARDLESS OF THE SOURCE OF ORIGINATION). IN NO EVENT SHALL Vezgo’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY ARISING OUT OF THESE TERMS AND THE Vezgo SERVICES AND THE PROVISION OF THE Vezgo SOFTWARE AND SERVICES TO END USERS THROUGH A VEZGO ENABLED APPLICATION EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU TO VEZGO IN THE PRECEDING TWELVE (12) MONTHS. Certain provincial laws do not allow limitations on implied warranties or the exclusion or limitation of certain damages. If these laws apply to you, some or all of the above disclaimers, exclusions, or limitations may not apply to you, and you might have additional rights.
- Indemnification. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Vezgo, its members, affiliates and/or partners, and its and their officers, directors, partners, shareholders agents, licensees and employees from and against all claims, actions, liabilities, losses, expenses, damages and costs, including but not limited to attorney’s fees that may, at any time, arise out of or relate to (i) your unauthorized or unlawful use of the Vezgo Services, (ii) your breach of these Terms or violation of any applicable law, (iii) the provision of the Vezgo Software and Services to End Users through a Vezgo Enabled Application or (iv) the infringement by you or any third party using your account, of any intellectual property or other rights of any third party. Vezgo reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defence and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by Customer, in which event Customer will assist and cooperate with Vezgo in asserting any available defences.
- Force Majeure. Vezgo shall not be liable for any failure or delay in performance due in whole or in part to any cause beyond its reasonable control or its contractors, agents, licensors or suppliers, including but not limited to utility or transmission failures, power failure, strikes or other labour disturbances, acts of God, acts of war or terror, floods, sabotage, fire, natural or other disasters.
- Notices. Any notices to you from Vezgo regarding the Vezgo Services or these Terms will be posted on the Website or made by e-mail or regular mail. As part of providing you with the Vezgo Services, we may need to provide you with certain communications, such as service announcements and administrative messages. These communications are considered part of the Vezgo Services and your Customer Account, which you may not be able to opt-out from receiving unless you terminate your account. Any notice or communication that you desire or are required to send Vezgo under these Terms should be sent to Vezgo through one of the means listed in the Contacting Us section below.
- Export Controls. You shall not import, export, re-export, or transfer, directly or indirectly, any part of the Vezgo Services or any underlying intellectual property, information or technology except with Vezgo’s prior written approval and in full compliance with all United States, foreign and other applicable export control laws and regulations.
- Governing Law and Dispute Resolution. If a dispute arises between you and Vezgo, the goal is to provide you with a neutral and cost-effective method of resolving the dispute quickly. Accordingly, you and Vezgo agree that any dispute, claim or controversy at law or equity that arises out of these Terms, the Vezgo Services or the provision of the Vezgo Software and Services to End Users through a Vezgo Enabled Application (a “Dispute”) will be resolved in accordance with this Section 18 or as Vezgo and you otherwise agree in writing. Before resorting to these dispute methods, Vezgo strongly encourages you to first contact Vezgo directly to seek a resolution.
- Choice of Law. These Terms shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the Province of Québec, without regard to its conflict of law provisions. EACH PARTY IRREVOCABLY AND UNCONDITIONALLY WAIVES, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ANY RIGHT IT MAY HAVE TO A TRIAL BY JURY IN ANY LEGAL ACTION, PROCEEDING, CAUSE OF ACTION OR COUNTERCLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO ANY DISPUTE OR OTHERWISE IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS THE VEZGO SERVICES OR THE PROVISION OF THE VEZGO SOFTWARE AND SERVICES TO END-USERS THROUGH A VEZGO ENABLED APPLICATION.
- Arbitration and Class Action Waiver.
PLEASE REVIEW AS THIS AFFECTS YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS.
- ARBITRATION. YOU AGREE THAT ALL DISPUTES BETWEEN YOU AND VEZGO (WHETHER
OR NOT SUCH DISPUTE INVOLVES A THIRD PARTY) IN CONNECTION WITH
THESE TERMS THE VEZGO SERVICES, OR THE PROVISION OF THE VEZGO
SOFTWARE AND SERVICES TO END USERS THROUGH A VEZGO ENABLED
APPLICATION, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION YOUR RIGHTS OF
PRIVACY WILL BE RESOLVED BY BINDING, INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION
UNDER THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION’S RULES FOR
ARBITRATION AND YOU AND Vezgo HEREBY EXPRESSLY WAIVE TRIAL BY
JURY. ANY ARBITRATION SHALL BE IN ENGLISH AND THE PLACE OF
ARBITRATION SHALL BE TARRANT COUNTY, TEXAS. YOUR ARBITRATION
FEES AND YOUR SHARE OF ARBITRATOR COMPENSATION SHALL BE
GOVERNED BY SUCH RULES. DISCOVERY AND RIGHTS TO APPEAL IN
ARBITRATION ARE GENERALLY MORE LIMITED THAN IN A LAWSUIT, AND
OTHER RIGHTS THAT YOU AND VEZGO WOULD HAVE IN COURT MAY NOT BE
AVAILABLE IN ARBITRATION. YOU MAY BRING DISPUTES ONLY ON YOUR
Neither you nor Vezgo will participate in a class action or class-wide arbitration for any disputes covered by these Terms to arbitrate. YOU ARE GIVING UP YOUR RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE AS A CLASS REPRESENTATIVE OR CLASS MEMBER ON ANY CLASS CLAIM YOU MAY HAVE AGAINST VEZGO INCLUDING ANY RIGHT TO CLASS ARBITRATION OR ANY CONSOLIDATION OF INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATIONS. You also agree not to participate in claims brought in a private attorney general or representative capacity, or consolidated claims involving another person’s account, if Vezgo is a party to the proceeding.
This dispute resolution provision will be governed by the laws of the Province of Québec. The arbitration may be conducted in person, through the submission of documents, by phone or online. The arbitrator must follow applicable law, and any award may be challenged if the arbitrator fails to do so. Judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having competent jurisdiction. Any provision of applicable law notwithstanding, the arbitrator will not have authority to award damages, remedies or awards that conflict with these Terms.
- Judicial Forum for Disputes. In the event that the agreement to arbitrate under Section 18(b) is found not to apply to you or your claim, you and Vezgo agree that any judicial proceeding (other than small claims actions) must be brought solely and exclusively in, and will be subject to the service of process and other applicable procedural rules of, the federal or state courts covering Montréal, Québec. Both you and Vezgo irrevocably consent to venue and personal jurisdiction there. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Vezgo may bring a claim for equitable relief in any court with proper jurisdiction.
- Survival. This arbitration agreement will survive the termination of your use of Vezgo Services or your relationship with Vezgo.
- 30 Day Right to Opt-Out. You have the right to opt-out and not be bound by the arbitration provisions set forth in Section 18(b) above by sending written notice of your decision to opt-out to hello@Vezgo.com. The notice must be sent to Vezgo within thirty (30) days of your use of any of the Vezgo Services or agreeing to these Terms, otherwise, you shall be bound to arbitrate disputes in accordance with the terms of those sections. If you opt-out of these arbitration provisions, we also will not be bound by them.
- Improperly Filed Claims. All claims you bring against Vezgo must be resolved in accordance with this Section 18. All claims filed or brought contrary to this Section 18 shall be considered improperly filed. Should you file a claim contrary to this Section 18, Vezgo may recover attorneys’ fees and costs up to $10,000, provided that Vezgo has notified you in writing of the improperly filed claim, and you have failed to promptly withdraw the claim.
- Prevailing Party. In the event that either party institutes any arbitration, legal suit, action or proceeding against the other party arising out of or relating to these Terms, the Vezgo Services, the Vezgo Software or the Website, the prevailing party in the suit, action or proceeding shall be entitled to receive in addition to all other damages to which it may be entitled, the costs incurred by such party in conducting the suit, action or proceeding, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses and court costs.
- Limitation on Time to File Claims. ANY CAUSE OF ACTION OR DISPUTE YOU MAY HAVE ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS, THE VEZGO SERVICES, THE PROVISION OF THE VEZGO SOFTWARE AND SERVICES TO END-USERS THROUGH A VEZGO ENABLED APPLICATION OR YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH VEZGO MUST BE COMMENCED WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES, OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION OR DISPUTE IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.
- No Agency. No agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer or franchiser-franchisee relationship is intended or created by these Terms.
- Geographic Restrictions. Vezgo is based in the Province of Québec in Canada. Vezgo makes no claims that accessing or using or that any of the Vezgo Services, the provision of the Vezgo Software and Services to End Users through a Vezgo Enabled Application or any of the content, including any User Content, is accessible or appropriate outside of Canada. Accessing or using the Vezgo Services may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Vezgo Services from outside Canada, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws and you agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you have or may have against Vezgo with respect thereto.
- Electronic Communications. The communications between you and Vezgo use electronic means, whether you visit the Website any of the other Vezgo Services or send Vezgo e-mails, or whether Vezgo posts notices on the Website or any of the other Vezgo Services or communicates with you via e-mail. For contractual purposes, you (a) consent to receive communications from Vezgo in an electronic form; and (b) agree that all terms, conditions, agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that Vezgo provides to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications would satisfy if they were in writing. The foregoing does not affect any statutory rights that you might have.